September 5, 2009

Cover Art: Twice As Hot by Gena Showalter

Twice as Hot website jpeg

Oh, shiny!

Twice As Hot by Gena Showalter is follow up novel to Playing with Fire, which I read way back in March 2008. Gena is by far one of my most favorite authors. She does a phenomenal job writing action and romance and it usually incorporates a slight mystery. I will be reading this as soon as it comes out January 26, 2010.

Blurb (Gena’s blog):

Set the world on fire? With Belle Jamison, it’s always a possibility. Literally.

Planning a wedding is tough. Especially when the bride can shoot fireballs from her eyes and accidentally torches her dress, the groom returns from a dangerous mission with selective memory loss and the man responsible now desires Belle for his own.

Any other time, Belle would turn to her ultra sexy fiancĂ© Rome Masters for comfort. But the only thing he can’t remember is her – and now his ex is determined to win him back. With the help of her trusty empath sidekick, an optimistic Belle continues to plan her wedding, fight a new band of supervillans, and tries not to accidentally on purpose start too many fires. . . except when she gets Rome into bed. . .

Haven’t read Playing with Fire?! Well read it! :) It’s also available in Kindle Edition.

play with fire

Jess Sig

4 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird on September 5, 2009 at 12:55 PM said...

It's been a long time since I read Playing with Fire but I remember that I loved it. I'll be reading this one right away too.

I finished Dreamfever. I'll say no more because I'm not sure if you've read it yet. I also read the first 3 books in Richelle Mead's Succubus series and I liked them. The 4th book is out but I'm going to take a breather before I read it.

Tina on September 5, 2009 at 8:00 PM said...

I haven't read Gena Showalter's books, but I'd like to. What do you recommend I start with?

Jessica Kennedy on September 5, 2009 at 9:33 PM said...

Tina - I emailed you but here's my response in case anyone else is interested!

She has some great paranormal books in her Lords of the Underworld series. They center around the demons who release the sins in Pandora's Box and are then held responsible to maintain those sins in their bodies. It's her newest series. I enjoy them but I like her other books slightly more.

She's also wrote some great contemporary books: Catch A Mate and Animal Instincts.

She also has a great series, Atlantis, about dragon shifters, vampires, and nymphs. This is one series I LOVE!

If you like Sci-Fi Fantasy then her Alien Huntress series was good too.

The Stone Prince and The Pleasure Slave were two of my favorites of hers. I read them early on but loved them! They are very happy romance books.

Hope that helps! :)

Tina on September 5, 2009 at 9:45 PM said...

Thanks for your response. I like the sound of Atlantis. As soon as Playing With Fire is re-released I'll look into that one too.

 

Jess's Ramblings Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon