September 1, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

Teaser Tuesday

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  • Strange Angels

    I finished this book a few days ago but wanted to share it with you anyway! Again, not two sentences. Seriously, two sentences is not enough! I guess that’s why it’s called a “teaser” though, huh? Oh well! I’m actually going to give you TWO excerpts instead! These are two of my favorite scenes of the book. Something very cool or important happens immediately before or after each of these excerpts.

    Steam drifted in great eddies from the once-placid water. The fountain bubbled and buzzed. I scrabbled for the stone ledge and just made it, hopping up and perching like a frog with trembling legs.

    “Holy shit,” someone was saying, someone with a high trembling voice very much like mine. I felt my lips shape the words, numbly. My hair dripped in my face and something warm and sticky was in my eyes. “Holy shit. Jesus Christ.”

    page 85, Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

     

    He looked down at me,  fangs sliding beneath his upper lip, his eyes burning. The highlights had bled out of his hair, slicking it back against his head, and his eyes were actually glowing in the bruised, ugly light slanting through the kitchen.

    “I’m being patient,” he hissed, the t’s lisping slightly because of the fangs. “I’ll get you and your pet through this alive, but you have to do what I say. Got me?”

    page 255, Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

    This book was awesome! Action packed and very cool. There’s a lot of cursing though as seen from above. I’ll be reviewing it sometime soon. :)

    Did you do a Teaser Tuesday? Put a link in the comments so I can see!

    Jess Sig

    3 comments:

    Marie on September 1, 2009 at 12:17 PM said...

    Sounds pretty awesome!

    Juju from Tales of Whimsy on September 1, 2009 at 4:54 PM said...

    I gotta read this.

    Jessica on September 2, 2009 at 8:23 PM said...

    Read that one already and loved it!!

    Okay 2 teaser sentences

    "'Saving all of mankind isn't enough to motivate you. It needs to be personal. You strip away a person's labels and see the individual. It's very admirable.'

    'It's very dangerous,' said Warren."

    That was a few lines from a random page in the new anthology Unbound, by several authors; Kim Harrison, Jeaniene Frost, Melissa Marr, Vicki Pettersson, and Jocelynn Drake. Those lines in particular came from Vicki's story, I saw that much on the header of the page.

     

    Jess's Ramblings Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon