March 18, 2009

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent Teaser!

Rachel Vincent is by far one of my most favorite authors. She has a terrific Shifter series that I just love.

She's taking a journey and venturing into YA. Her upcoming release, August 1, of My Soul to Take, Soul Screamers series, is about a teenage bean sidhe (banshee). Here's what Rachel summarized about the main character Kaylee Cavanaugh:

Kaylee Cavanaugh is a high school junior who thinks she’s losing her mind when she’s struck by the grim certainty that someone near her is going to die–and by the irresistible urge to shriek in response. But when it turns out that she’s not crazy and people are dying, Kaylee becomes determined to stop the deaths she foresees. Especially when they begin to hit close to home…

And here's the excerpt she has teased us with:
Nervous sweat gathered on my palms, and for once I was glad I couldn’t talk. I swallowed, my throat clenching around the scream scalding me from the inside. The gray haze was darker now, though no thicker. I could see through it easily, yet it tainted everything my terrified gaze landed on, as if the entire gym had been draped in a translucent cloud of smog. And still things moved on the edge of my vision, drawing my eye in first one direction, then another. I would have given anything to be able to speak in that moment, not just to warn Emma - because that was evidently a moot point- but to ask Nash what the hell was going on. Could he see what I saw? More important, could they see us?

Rachel's post is available at Deadline Dames. Visit Rachel's blog and web site too!

I've read 3 of Rachel's Shifter books. You can read my reviews for Stray (Werecats, Book 1), and Rogue (Werecats, Book 2), and Pride (Werecats, Book 3). Book 4, Prey, is due out July 1, and I SOOO can't wait!

My Soul to Take is available for pre-order at Amazon.com.

What do you think? A possible YA read for you? I'm totally on board. I told Rachel I would read anything she wrote. Bring it on Rachel!

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/85723/patricksjessica/e8bed16f18830deb74d189a04f0c3048.png




4 comments:

Jen on March 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM said...

Nice covers too ^_^

Leigh Ann Baird on March 18, 2009 at 4:50 PM said...

I will most likely read her YA book. Kim Harrison is coming out with a YA book too and I'm chomping for that one. I've got to pick up Proms from Hell(I think that's the title) to read the short story first.

Ravenous Reader on March 18, 2009 at 10:47 PM said...

Yeay!!! a fellow RV fan. I love her work and will support her in any way. I made My Soul To Take my Waiting on Wednesday a few weeks ago and I cannot wait to read it.

L.Fitz on March 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM said...

I haven't read these yet, but I think I'm going to get on it now. It looks sweet the way the covers all have that same intense pattern on them. I can't wait to get my hands on a few of those.

 

Jess's Ramblings Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon